Sunday, October 02, 2005

English Premier League: Chelsea thrash Liverpool, clinch eighth consecutive victory


I used to be a fan of Liverpool. Used to be because I feel I don't have the same passion for them since Michael owen left Anfield. that's why I'm OK with today's result ! I mean, whether we like it or not, Roman Abramovic's Chelsea rules these days !

LIVERPOOL v CHELSEA, 1-4 Sun 2 Oct 2005

Chelsea made it eight straight Barclays Premiership victories to take a nine-point lead at the top of the table as Liverpool were emphatically beaten at Anfield.

Frank Lampard opened the scoring from the spot as Jose Mourinho’s men clinically took Liverpool apart with a display of quality and organisation. Forced to come forward after the break to save the match, Liverpool were cut to shreds by outstanding counter-attacking...


Also: Chelsea's manager Mourinho wants respect

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho insists it is time people start respecting his team whose 100% league record remains intact after eight matches.

..."It's eight matches, eight victories, 18 goals - I think it's time to respect my players, my team and Chelsea Football Club," Mourinho told Sky Sports 1...