Saturday, May 13, 2006

Coming out of retirement

In the past three months I have been away from the Newsroom, I have kept receiving emails from friends and kind readers of this blog, urging me to come back and write again. Most messages I get insist that I should write at least once a week, so that my readers--specially the foreign ones-- will still be able to get a better grasp of the news regarding Iran.

The thing is I've really been busy for the past couple of months. Moving from Montreal to Toronto and looking for a job in the media have practically left me no time to sit down and write as freely as I used to. I'm now more or less settled in Toronto although I'm still trying to land a job in broadcast news and that's the primary reason why I moved at all.

So, will I write again here? Well, yes. But I won't be able to write every day. I'll probably be back here every weekend, trying to sum up the highlights of the week. I'll keep writing about my other passion, movies, too.

Once again, let me tell you how grateful I am for all the kind notes you have sent me, asking me to return. I'm really flattered. Let's take it from here and see where it all leads to.