Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Tell me why...


The Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad speaks of the victims of Hurricane Katrina whereas in Iran, three years after the catastrophic earthquake in Bam, many survivors are still living in tents, thanks to his regime, funneling millions of petro-dollars to Hezbollah, Hamas and Shiite militias in Iraq...

Can you see that shaft of sunlight
Can you see it in my eyes
I can feel the fire thats burning
Anger and hope so deep
So deep within my heart but before my eyes
For some its too late
Cos it seems theres no-one listening

People sleeping in the streets
No roof above, no food to eat, tell me why, oh tell me why
See the questions in their eyes
Listen to their childrens cries,
Tell me why, please tell me why...

From the song "Tell Me Why" by Genesis, 1991.