Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Melinda Doolittle, I salute you!

Melinda Doolittle is THE ABSOLUTE singer American Idol has ever had. Her pure rich tone, amazing range and depth and great humbleness are just mind-boggling and unlike most other contestants, she doesn't sing even one single note off-key. Her performance tonight (I Am a Woman) attested once more to the fact that she is just a fantastic singer.

But it was her rendition of "My Funny Valentine" that just blew me away. A performance so stunning that, as someone so rightly commented, truly makes us feel we are in the presence of greatness.

I have watched this grammy-worthy performance over and over again and still can't get my fill of it. I wish I had her record right now! I just feel so bad I can't vote for her from Canada.

Melinda Dolittle, I salute you. You ARE an American Idol.